What we provide with our Computers
We ship a minimum configuration with every computer. Extras or upgrades can be added for a small fee. Because all the computers we ship are donated, there are some things that we want you to know about them:
- The condition of each computer varies widely. The computers may look new or used, and have scratches or scuffs on the case or screen.
- Laptops will always ship with a battery, but we have no way of determining the battery's life expectancy. In the event you receive a laptop with a dead battery, please understand we are not able to send a replacement. By plugging the power cord (provided) into a power outlet, you will still have a fully functioning laptop.
- As we refurbish the computers, we may use parts from different companies to fix it. There may even be "generic" parts. We test every computer, so they are guaranteed to work when we ship them.
- We ship many different computer brands, depending on what is in stock. Requests for a specific brand may delay your delivery significantly.
Every computer is built to minimum specs. We guarantee you will receive at least the features and parts listed below. Upgrades or additional parts can be added if desired. Please review this list to make sure you are getting the things you need in the computer.
- Dual Core Processor @ 2GHz or higher
- 4GB of RAM
- 120GB Hard Drive
- Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit
- DVD-ROM Drive (reads DVDs and CDs)
Specific to Desktops:
- Blind Individuals: 15" Monitor
- Low Vision Individuals: 17" Monitor
- Keyboard, Mouse, and Speakers
- Ethernet Interface
Specific to Laptops:
- Low Vision Individuals: 14" Screen
- Integrated Keyboard, Mouse and Speakers (External solutions if needed)
- Working WIFI adapter
Upgrades and Add-Ons
Following is a list of the available upgrades and add-ons that we can provide. When applying for a computer, be sure to indicate the upgrades that you might be interested in, and our Customer Service staff will discuss your options, as well as prices.
- Additional RAM (2GB, 4GB)
- Bigger Hard Drives
- WIFI Adapter for Desktops
- Webcam for Desktops
- Extra External Speakers for Laptops
Software we Provide
In addition to the hardware, we also provide programs designed for accessibility. These programs are installed on all systems shipped, and can be used by our clients. We also have partnerships to provide additional programs for a discounted rate.
Ready for Application
After reading this page, along with the prior page, you are ready to begin your application. Again, make sure you understand all that we provide to you, and what we don't. On the next page, you will be able to start your application to receive a computer. Head to the following link to get started: Click here to begin application