- As of April 2013 - 5700 computers have been shipped to date
- March 2013 - Texas Center for Visually Impaired has been renamed Computers for the Blind
- March 2013 - Richardson Chamber of Commerce Member
- Our work has been widely publicized in magazines for the blind. Last year, 15 programs were presented about the organization, including presentations on television and radio, programs at Lion Clubs and senior groups. An article in Advocate Magazine (May 2004) tells the entire exciting saga of Robert Langford's lifelong work on behalf of the visually impaired.
- The formerly named Texas Center for the Visually Challenged had an Open House on Thursday, September 13th, 2012 from 5 to 7 pm. This Open House celebrated the delivery of our 5,000th computer and our new facility. Our new facility is located at 1201 S. Sherman St. in Richardson, Tx, Suite 204.
CFTB and Radio and Reading Resources (RRR) have joined together to create stronger communication materials for our introduction of computers to the blind. Using the content provided by CFTB, a communications expert from RRR created audio CDs and cassettes for the computer training tutorials. The result - highly professional audio tools are now available to explain the learning processes necessary for computer proficiency.